Justin Cardwell grew up in Holts Summit, Missouri and graduated from Helias High School in Jefferson City. After high school, Justin attended Truman State University on a full academic scholarship where he received a B.S. in Psychology with a minor in Statistical Methods. Justin remained at Truman State University to pursue a Master of Science degree in Biology, focusing his research on the effect of methamphetamine on serotonin receptors in rats, and he completed his degree in the spring of 2010. Justin began law school at the Saint Louis University School of Law in the fall of 2008 and attained his J.D. in May of 2011, while also earning a Certificate in Health Law.
Upon graduation from law school, Justin was admitted to the Missouri Bar in September of 2011 and began practice at South County Senior Law & Estate Planning Center in May of 2012 where he focused on general estate planning, Medicaid planning, and VA planning. After two years, Justin moved into the health law field working for SSM Health Care in the transactions division of their in-house legal department.
Justin now focuses his practice on estate planning, probate and trust administration, real estate litigation, and personal injury. He is a member of the Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the Missouri chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and the Jefferson County Bar. He is also the Vice President of the Board of Directors for Green Wish St. Louis, a nonprofit organization focused on supporting green projects in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Justin lives in south St. Louis County with his wife, Heidi, and their son.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Real Estate Litigation
- Missouri, 2011
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 05/2011
- Honors: Certificate in Health Law
- Helias High School, Jefferson City
- Truman State University
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Statistical Methods
- Truman State University
- Master of Science - 2010
- Major: Biology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Member
- Missouri chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Jefferson County Bar, Member
Past Employment Positions
- South County Senior Law & Estate Planning Center,May 2012
- SSM Health Care, Transactions Division, In-House Legal Department
Pro Bono Activities
- Vice President of the Board of Directors, Green Wish St. Louis